Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cutting a Rug





In my last post, I mentioned that I may replace the area rug in the living room with something less....busy. I love the multicolored squares, don't get me wrong. But since buying it I have noticed that it constantly draws eyes to the floor and I would like people to look up and around the room. I have also learned that it is very difficult to accessorize, because everything competes with the rug. So, I think I would love the rug....just in another room.

That being said, I would like to pick out a new rug for the living room; a neutral one.

The rules:
I will not spend over 150 bucks (before tax)
It must be at least 10 ft long (width can vary)
It must be neutral/natural
I would like for it to be soft
It must be puppy friendly (meaning I can clean it if....well...you know)
Egeby from Ikea- 149.00
Tarnby from Ikea: 149.00


Mohawk Home Apple Butter and Ivory Rug from Lowes: 148.00

The beef I have with the Ikea rugs is that I don't think they would be easy to clean when...well...you know....happens. I have to admit my favorite is the first one from Lowes....and it is a whole dollar less than the others. But, it doesn't have as much texture. (Sigh....)
What do you think? Have you seen any awesome rugs out there? Share your wisdom!


No comments:

Post a Comment